Using apple keyboard and mouse with Windows Desktop

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Abdulhaq, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Abdulhaq macrumors member

I am trying to use apple wireless keyboard and apple wireless magic mouse on a Windows 7 Desktop PC but both of them do not work even after adding the Bootcamp drivers. Kindly help me to resolve these problems.

2. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

It's a one way street; Mac's work OK with almost any keyboard and mouse, but the Apple keyboard and mouse don't play with others.

3. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Both cost pennies. Just give up and get a set at Best Buy. Probably won't cost more than 25 bucks, which is a hell of a lot less than the time you're taking to try to make it work.

4. Kaida macrumors regular

Kaida

did you get the right bootcamp version? mine was detected ok.

5. Abdulhaq thread starter macrumors member

I have very limited desktop space on my computer table. I have two monitors and both of them are connected to macmini and windows pc in multi-display mode. I don't have space for additional keyboard and mouse for the windows desktop therefore I want to use the mac wireless keyboard and wireless mouse on the windows desktop as well.

6. Julien, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No device drivers means it is not going to happen. You might find some 'homemade' drivers on Github that may or may not work well.

7. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

You should get a KVM switch (one that supports dual displays, obviously) and connect the receiver for a Logitech keyboard / mouse pair to it.

Inherently, you're only going to drive yourself nuts by forgetting to turn the system you're not using off with using a bluetooth keyboard / mouse and trying to share them between systems (and sending keystrokes where you don't want them going).

Just easier to have a switch designed for this managing it for you (and, no, I haven't priced them in years, so no recommendations...you should do some research) :)