Using Apple Pay?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Squilly, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

I just downloaded iOS 8.1 and added a card to Passbook. How do I enable it at say... McDonald's? Does it magically know an NFC capable terminal is nearby?

2. fmalloy macrumors 6502

It magically knows and by the time you whip out your phone the credit card is already brought up and ready to pay. :cool:

3. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Just hold the top of your phone near the NFC terminal, Passbook opens to your default card or select another card, put your finger on Touch ID, pay, win! :D

Double-points if you just hold your finger/thumb on the Touch ID while holding your iPhone near the NFC terminal. It automatically pays with your default card in this case. :D

4. frenchcamp49er macrumors member

5. lookatchu macrumors regular

lookatchu

Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay

6. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

7. frenchcamp49er, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

frenchcamp49er macrumors member

Thanks, it was already selected, since Im having trouble getting the Citi card activated, it selected the card I did get activated.

8. siufai macrumors member

I had a cousin who tried Citi card, he had to call to verify by answering some security questions. Once he did that, it was verified on his phone.

9. frenchcamp49er, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

frenchcamp49er macrumors member

I wish that had been my experience, but it wasn't :mad:I will call back tomorrow and see how it goes.

Called back this morning, it took about 1 minute and they had it activated.

10. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Just used it in a local Kangaroo Mart at a BP gas station here in Central FL. Mind you, this business is not on the "Apple Pay List" either.

Went to the terminal, had my phone unlocked, put the top of my phone to where you would normally put any other contactless credit card, and bam.. passbook opened with my Chase debit card and I put one of my TouchID fingers on it until it said transaction complete. Still had to hit "Yes" for the total on the pin pad, but then my receipt started printing. Worked flawlessly and even had some people in line asking me how I just paid with my phone, lol.

TL;DR - Works with other "contactless payment" terminals, not just merchants deemed good for Apple Pay. It says it right on their site. Just look for this:

Attached Files: