Using ATT iPhone 4 in Canada

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vexatia, Aug 28, 2010.

1. vexatia macrumors regular

Hello All-

I've found a bunch of conflicting information online, and precious little on these forums, to answer my question. I bought an ATT-locked iPhone 4. I've since JB'oken and unlocked the device. I'm headed to Canada and would like to use my phone on Rogers up there.

1. Does anyone know whether Rodgers makes micro-sims available on a pay-as-you-go basis? If so, please link or direct me to the information.

2. I've read reports indicating that Rodgers will only sell micro-sims pursuant to a longer term contract. Note: micro-sims are the key. From personal experience, I know that you may purchase 'regular' iPhone (i.e. 3g/3gs) sims on a pay-as-you-go basis. I'm specifically requesting information on micro-sims.

3. If Rodgers won't make micro-sims available w/o a contract, does anyone know how much it would cost to get, and within 3 weeks terminate, a Rodgers contract? Any termination fee (even if I don't purchase a subsidized phone through them)? Will I "qualify" for a contract, assuming that I'll have neither a Canadian address nor a Canadian credit history?

Thanks in advance for any insights/information.

-Vex

2. macdim macrumors 6502

Don't sign a contract with them only to cancel shortly after. Your best bet is to simply buy a regular sized SIM and activate on PAY-as-you-go and then cut the SIM to size, using your AT&T microSIM as a guide.

3. vexatia thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Any more detail appreciated. I just ordered a sim cutter, so hopefully that will work.