Using Automator to keep my net alive !

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jjtvrm, Jul 11, 2011.

1. jjtvrm macrumors newbie

Hey people,

Just found about this great website and I like it a lot !

I am pretty new to MAC and its OS- Snow Leopard and I need a help. I have been using Windows XP all my life and so don’t know much on MAC and I can’t get an answer my problem in XP. I hope MAC would help me solve this out. I have heard about Automator and how it is used to automate repeat actions so I presume I can use Automator to solve this problem.

My problem: I am using internet via USB which is running on 3G (sim card inserted). I use a dialer to connect/disconnect the internet. I am attaching a screenshot below of the dialer (got this from a blog).

[​IMG]

At times when I leave my Laptop for downloading files at night, the net gets disconnected (due to cell range variation) and I have to manually press the "Connect" button to reconnect the net again. Is there any way in which I can make the Automator click the "Connect" button when the net disconnected automatically?

Thanks in advance folks !

2. jjtvrm thread starter macrumors newbie

Any help guys?

I tried to add this application to the Automator but can't proceed from that? I see there is a recording option in Automator. Would that help me out here? Please note that I need to reconnect only when the connection disconnects.

Thanks