Using Autotune

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by AntBoogie, Jan 9, 2009.

1. AntBoogie macrumors newbie

Good afternoon, Good people
    Quick question:

I have some vocals that i need autotune. I actually can get to the part of tuning them in graphic mode, my question is,however, is how do you place them back in the track? Thank you for all your help in advance.

2. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

3. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

We usually fix a section at a time. Audio track with autotune inserted is always bussed out to another track. So every time we make a fix, we hit record and print the fixed audio onto a different track.
    This is in Pro Tools BTW.

4. AntBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

autotune

and junior, what is the input and output setups for this operation?

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I only use autotune as an effect, and use waves Tune to actually tune stuff.

@Junior: ya, it's always smart to keep your un-tuned track around. When I'm tuning i usually make a different playlist for my tuned vocals.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Auto tune scares me. Use due diligence when using auto tune. Even many of the tracks coming out of the big studios sound artificial and kind of flangy.

7. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

which is exactly why i use wave Tune, i can completely control how much something gets tuned and can usually make it invisible.

8. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

Just set the output of the track with auto-tune inserted to the record enabled track. Eg. Main track output - Buss 1-2, Second track input - Buss 1-2.
    Pretty simple.

9. AntBoogie thread starter macrumors newbie

using autotune

oh okay... it sounds like this is exactly what i need. okay so basically im going to do all my work on a separte track i presume..and just rerecord the tuned vocal on a seperate track.

now another question i had was that someone told me about vocal - aligning the backgrounds. have you had any experience using that plug in..?? what do you say about it.