Using battery and not AC power???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iHeartsteve, Oct 30, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I'm a new macbook pro user. Just got the new 15" retina display. The charger is so large and a pain to bring with you so is it that bad to the overall battery life if you're not plugged in??

I'd say its only about 2-5 hrs of battery use a week. I have it plugged in all day and most nights when I'm using it.

I bought applecare, does that replace the battery for free?

2. Loa macrumors 65816

Loa

Not at all.

Not unless it's defective.

Don't worry about your battery, it will last for a while with this kind of usage. It will probably degrade of old age before your drain it out.

Loa

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Batteries are supposed to be good for 1,000 load cycles, meaning it can be drained and recharged 1,000 times.

4. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I hope its that many times. Apple better replace it if I want esp bc I bought apple care for it.

5. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Batteries have a special fine print in the warranty. Last time I checked, they will replace within the first year if something is terribly wrong. After that, they won't replace even if there is warranty.

Again, you're in the wrong forum, this is the forum for the big silver workstation, not for the laptop. :)

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

That's not the way it works. If it's defective they'll replace it, but if your battery is working fine for its age, they're not going to do anything for you.

That's like buying a new car with a warranty and then taking it back a year later, with no problems, and telling them you want a new one. Just doesn't work that way, sorry. Welcome to the world.

7. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

You have the option to read your warranty for the facts.

No guesswork required :)

8. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

thanks for answering. Oh it says macbook pro header...not iMac