Using Battery Backup's

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jigga Beef, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Jigga Beef macrumors regular

I have a Kensington Ultra Portable Battery Backup. After testing it in my house it looks like it will be able to power my iPad. I have a 10 hour bus ride tomorrow so if for some reason i can't sleep i would love to be able to watch movies for those 10 hours on my iPad.

I was wondering if i am better off attaching the battery to the ipad first and using all the juice on that before I use my iPads internal battery or if I should let my iPad drop below 20% and than plug it in.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

If you plan on using it only for the bus ride then you don't even need the backup since you will use it for approx 9 hours if you go all out. If you need the iPad for something after then why not use the back up and then the iPad's battery? It's your choice really and I doubt it makes any difference.

3. Jigga Beef thread starter macrumors regular

I figured that was the best way to go?

Should I allow the battery to charge the iPad or just use the iPad while its plugged into the battery.

Leaving the blizzard in Philly tomorrow in the A.M. for Detroit. Usually a 10 hour bus ride, looks like it will be more.:mad:

4. spammerhamster macrumors 6502

If you put the ipad in airplane mode (all connections off) with medium brightness and autobrightness on then it can easily get you 12 hours of juice. No way you're going to use the ipad for 12 hours straight....

Get yourself a charger for when you're stuck in the blizzard.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I got to agree with the above

No way you will stare at your iPad for 12 hours. Your fully charged iPad should do well if you turn the radio's off. If the battery back up makes you feel good then get it.;)

Enjoy your ride!:)

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

You will get more run time if you connect the battery back up as soon as possible, same goes for any secondary battery.

Q-6