Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Uh, how can I do this? The ringtone folder that shows up when I browse my phone in the little bluetooth window in OS X shows no files in it. When I drag cut mp3's or aac's (~20sec clips) it shows the progress bar and sends the files to the phone, but they end up in the "audio" folder in the BT browser in OS X, and in the "sounds" folder on the actual phone, which means I can't use them as ringtones.

Basically my question is how can I use OS X and bluetooth to put custom ringtones on my new Verizon Motorola KRZR?

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
Verizon likes to disable phones like this. From what I read and have heard you're lucky to even have bluetooth filesharing capabilities.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I can easily send/receive photos and videos, but for some reason ringtones are being stupid. :(

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Hint: What does Verizon make money off of?

Not me buying $2 ringtones that are barely audible and use portions of songs that make no sense.

The only reason I use Verizon is because everyone around here and most of my friends use it, so that's free calls. Believe me, I'd switch in a heartbeat to Cingular if it made sense. I don't even get a full bar of service when I'm at my parents' house.

But back on track...
I've used Phonezoo.com with moderate success in the past. I got it to send me 4 out of the 8 files I requested, but even out of those 4, only two would save as ringtones, the other two went into the "sounds" folder, which is absolutely pointless, since you can't use those "sounds" as ringtones or any other alert tone.

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
Yeah, they make it difficult because they want to nickel and dime you for everything. If they can name it they'll put a price on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.