Using bluetooth (music) in car

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Oct 25, 2013.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

First time using bluetooth, please bear with me...

-Using iPhone 5C
    -Paired the phone with my car this morning before work, everything went smoothly
    -I parked my car at work, and left my phone in my pocket. I did not disable bluetooth or anything like that throughout the day.
    -After work, I turned on my car, and my expectation was that the connection between the car and phone would be automatic.
    -I pulled out my phone and started playing some music.
    -Music was coming from the phone, not the car.
    -I went into the bluetooth settings (in the settings app), and bluetooth was turned on (as expected), but it said "Not Connected" next to my car's name
    -I tried connecting, and it failed after 5-10 seconds.
    -I toggled bluetooth off and on, and tried connecting, and it connected and started playing music.

Please tell me this is not the standard procedure for using bluetooth. I don't want to turn bluetooth off and on and connect every single time.

Please help. thanks

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Never happened in my car Mazda CX7 with 4s, 5 and now 5s. Have used a few hire cares and they always connect too. Try deleting the paired phone and pair it again.

3. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Most radios have an "auto connect" option in their settings. If that isn't turned on, the radio won't automatically connect each time. Look through the radio's menu options for "auto connect" or something similarly named.

4. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Mine connects automatically every time, check your cars settings.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This happened to me once and deleting and re-pairing the phone with my car helped. I've never once had to manually connect my phone to anything once the Bluetooth has been paired.

7. xdbuix macrumors 6502

like other ppl posting, it depends on the car. My brz works just fine!

8. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

9. spades1412 macrumors 6502

Mine connects automatically most of the times. There are rare occasions where I'll have to go into settings/connections and reconnect in the car. I would say mine connects automatically 8/10 times.

10. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

Update:

I erased the pairing, added it again, then searched through the car deck settings until I found an option for "autoconnect", which was disabled. I turned it on, and it works now.

So now, I can walk into my car, turn the car on, pull out my phone and start playing music and it plays through my car speakers. Is that how it works for you guys? or does the music automatically start when the car and phone are close to each other, without me having to open the music app and clicking Play?

11. Zcott macrumors 68020

You have to choose some music.