Using Boom App on your MacBook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vpro, Dec 12, 2013.

1. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Hey this is about Global Delight's app BOOM, to boost internal volume, do you use it? It suddenly crapped out, instead of boosting it cuts out all volume just silence now. Before I upgraded one of my Mt.Lion machines it started to crap out, then updating to Mavericks and fresh install of the App, and calling Apple Care, turns out it is all the App and NOTHING internal.

Anyone else care to shed light on the issue for those of us who are affected?

Thanks!

^_^

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It works flawlessly for me, but I'm not on Mavericks. It's supposed to work fine:

3. Laco macrumors 6502

I also have Mavericks installed and I have also experienced major problems with that application. Sometimes the audio stops working and other times it gets stuck in loops. After I turn it off, things go back to normal. I find this very annoying I hope their is an update soon.

4. vpro thread starter macrumors 65816

vpro

I'm urging my Husband to refrain from updating his Boom on his LION machine, so far so good. In the past when I have refrained from updating apps things just work longer. Updates usually get me every time - that is just how it is for me.

Well I've contacted their "support" non stop and they are just trouble shooting, this has been the longest span of time without a solution that I have ever experienced at any time of my life owning a computer. If you are having problems just keep them on their toes don't let them sleep :D

5. Alexjones, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013

Alexjones macrumors 6502

Boom worked great on mountain Lion, But on Maverick, the sound sometimes sputters. Hopefully they will fix it.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's generally a good idea, to wait for a while after updates are released. Let others experience the problems that sometimes result. That's why I'm still on iOS 6 on my iDevices.

7. ooans macrumors 6502

8. Laco macrumors 6502

..... And (for me) it works MUCH better now...no more problems.

9. Macexploit macrumors newbie

Hey,
    According to their forum posts, we need to uninstall Boom within the app via Settings->preferences->Uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy via purchase point. If unable to access Boom via menu bar, then you need to contact their SupportTeam who will guide you to manually uninstall Boom and reinstall a fresh copy.
    Also, you can uninstall Boom manually by downloading the uninstall script from this link http://www.globaldelight.com/boom/download/installers/mavericks/uninstall-boom-device.html (script only deletes the audio component i.e. BoomDevice, delete the app manually) next, remove plist manually via the following path User/library/preferences/com.globaldelight.Boom.plist now, search for any Boom related components via Finder and delete the same. Reinstall a fresh copy and check if it helps.
    Mavericks users also follow the below procedure to confirm the removing of plist:
    - Run the following command in ‘Terminal’ and remove all Boom component.
    - Next, delete Boom app from Application folder. Followed by a restart.
    Command:
    defaults delete com.globaldelight.Boom (if purchased via website)

defaults delete com.globaldelight.BoomMAS (if purchased via Mac App Store)

Next, reinstall a fresh copy via purchase point and check if it helps.

10. Macexploit macrumors newbie

There is a new version of Boom available i.e. v1.8.1, update your copy of Boom and check if it helps.
    Also, the previous version of Boom's audio component might be causing some trouble with the latest OS. It is suggested to uninstall Boom within the app via Settings->Preferences->Uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy via purchase point.

11. vpro thread starter macrumors 65816

vpro

Okay so I did all of the above plus a whole bunch more, I found out what the issue was so I hope this works for everyone who has this issue.

For some reason it affected the system audio devices, so you have to go into Utilities to Audio MIDI Setup and make sure Boom's settings are not muted and that the levels are set near the middle of the two volume bars. That did the trick for me.

12. Razer(x) macrumors regular

Razer(x)

Interested in this too

The volume is already high enough, but what about the overall audio quality?