Using Boot Camp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SaintDiablo, Mar 7, 2008.

1. SaintDiablo macrumors member

Hey I went to get my MacBook upgraded to Leopard at the local Apple dealership, and I'm planning on installing SP2 on it, and I'm just wondering do I require the Leopard DVD to install the drivers or can I just use a blank CD and burn the drivers onto it like in the Boot Camp Beta?

2. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

The Leopard DVD has all the drivers you need on it.

3. SaintDiablo thread starter macrumors member

That's not what I meant. I went to the Apple Store so they could install Leopard for me. So I don't posses the Leopard DVD with all the drivers on it, so I'm wondering can you burn a CD with the drivers on them during the installation process like you could with the Boot Camp Beta?

4. VoidBoi macrumors regular

If you paid for it, you should have recieved a DVD. Go back and ask them for your copy.

5. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Yeah, it really wouldn't be worth very much if you had to lug your Mac back to the Apple Store every time you had some use for your install discs (which could be quite often) or wanted to reinstall OS X.

The Apple Store would not (or at least most definitely should not) install Leopard unless you paid for it. If you paid for it you would get it in a nice box with a hologram on it, especially from an Apple Store.

6. SaintDiablo thread starter macrumors member

I actually ment I went to an Apple Dealership because I live in Beijing so there's no Apple Store. So I went there and they installed Leopard for me with their own disc for a small fee of about $15 so I do not posses the Leopard DVD which is needed to install all the drivers, and I don't want to download a drivers disc image from torrents because it just makes me feel guilty. So what art thou to do?

7. VoidBoi macrumors regular

I'm not sure if that's legal.

EDIT: Just go and buy the Leopard DVD off them. :)

8. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

As the poster above hypothesizes this is most DEFINITELY illegal. Apple does not sell a $15, install-at-store-only version of Leopard. After hearing the details of your story I'm not surprised to find out you are in China. My cousin is also living in Beijing.

There is some good news. The real Apple Store in Beijing is coming soon.

Go buy a legal copy of Leopard and go get your $15 back from the crooks who charged you to simply install it on your machine for you.