Using Both Invisible Shield and Speck Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thaloveabove, Mar 15, 2008.

1. thaloveabove macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    According to DHL on Monday I'll be the proud owner of a new MBP. I've been looking at cases to protect my investment. I hear the speck cases cause the MBP to get scratched in some cases. I was thinking of using the Invisible Shield to protect it against scratches, and then putting that into a speck case to better protect it from denting. Think this will work ok?

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

If I were you I would just leave it in the box and not use it. That is the best protection that you can use. :p

3. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

In fact, I would say you should leave it in the box and ship it to me. I'll take good care of it.

I'll even pay for shipping!

4. gabedamien macrumors member

gabedamien

An invisible shield is pretty darn thin, but the Speck case is pretty darn tight (almost too tight). I honestly think that trying to mate the two together could be more finicky than you would actually expect (I have the invisible shield for my iPhone and the Speck case for my MBP, so I'm not just guessing from online specs).

Each one is like $50. I really think you're going beyond protective and moving into obsessive if you want to spend $100 just for *double* redundancy against scratches. And this is coming from the guy who is currently using a Speck case, Marware protection pack, bi-annual iKlear treatment, and Tumi laptop case, and removes his laptop from his desk less than 2-3 times a month. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

5. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I DO NOT have a single scratch related to my one-year-old Speck case.

7. Enzo macrumors member

+1

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Whoa~ that's being extra protective, might as well throw a condom in there for the extra protection!

I use only the speck and works great! :D

9. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I owned a PowerBook for 4-5 years, in the beginning it had no protection, in the last 2 years or so, I used the Booq Vyper sleeve, not a single scratch on it.

Just got my new MBP, and bought another Booq Vyper. I think a sleeve is all you'll need. The Aluminum isn't that easy to scracth, when compared to the MacBook.

10. gabedamien macrumors member

gabedamien