Using both sleeve and hardshell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhillyGirl, Dec 19, 2009.

1. PhillyGirl macrumors newbie

Forgive the noob here, I spent some time searching to no avail, but can I use both a sleeve/case AND a hardshell with my MBP?

I was looking at the Incase Hardshell for my 15" but would also like something to carry it around in (like this one http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTA4MjU1ODM&s=topSellers)

I have 2 young (1 year and 3.5 year old) kids and travel for for work once a week, so I need as much protection as I can get.

2. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only potential issue with using both, is that the sleeve may not be large enough to accommodate the MBP and the hardshell.

4. PhillyGirl thread starter macrumors newbie

That's my concern and why I asked. I was looking for someone who might use a sleeve and hardcase already who could show me a good combo. Thanks!

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

All of the sleeves I've seen are made so that its a snug fit.

6. coast1ja macrumors 6502

I would get something like the Zagg invisible shield for it if you're using a case or sleeve too. The case can protect it from dents, and the invisible shield will protect is from scratches.

7. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

i used a neoprene sleeve with my incase hardshell around my MBP. there was absolutely no problem. If the sleeve were made of some other material like leather, i could see it being a problem, but not with neoprene.

8. mybrown macrumors newbie

incase hardshell and incase neoprene sleeve fits okay? i LOVE my purple neoprene (but might return it because want a incase hardshell too). bcuz i dont want to be struggling with it in class taking it on and off.

i tried with speck satin seethru and neoprene..kind of difficult. and im not a fan of speck..

anybody know of any good sleeves that will be easy for the hardshell to easily slide in/out?

9. gonewestcoast macrumors member

It ain't cheap at $70 a whack, but the Tom Bihn cases are FANTASTIC. They open more than a sleeve does, but they're roughly the same size, and have enough "flex" to accommodate a hardshell as well.

10. vant macrumors 65816

Speck tuckPack + speck case. The tuckpack was designed for the speck case.

/thread.