Using Candybar To Change Icons

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ibis99, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ibis99 macrumors regular

So I'm running SL on a 2011 MBP. I've been using Candybar to customize my machine which has been very easy to use so far.
    The one thing I've noticed is that my iCal Icon does not show up in CB but most if not all the others do so am I missing something.

Secondly, where is the best place to acquire new icons.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Doesn't candy bar have it's own website for that stuff ?

3. heisenberg123, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

http://www.panic.com/candybar/support.html

4. Trance macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Cabdybar doesn't change iCal icon cause it's a system icon that changes daily (date)

5. ibis99 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank u for a helpful reply.

6. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Well that's not really true, the icon stays the same and it overlays a number and then there's the "default" one that has a number on it. You can change the blank icon to whatever you want, I changed mine to be black.

You'll have to use The Googles to find what to do; I haven't done it in months and forgot what folder the icons are in; and don't care enough look it up, you can do that yourself.

And deviant art is a good place for icons, I got a lot of my black ones from some wiki-like page I found, but deviant art should suffice. Or, again, The Googles; it's crazy how much it can do, it's almost like it searches the Internet or something.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

:D
    You know the googles too?