using computer in italy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zabelrose, May 21, 2007.

1. zabelrose macrumors newbie

Hi there....my daughter is going to Florence next Fall, taking her Macbook. Does anyone know about voltage converters and what's needed to use the computer? I also heard there are no places to really get Apple stuff so she should take an extra power cord as well ? Would appreciate any info,
    thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

All apple laptop handle multiple voltages. Just pick up Apples World Travel kit to get the right plug and you'll be all set.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW last time I was in that general neck of the woods, the hotel actually had a few 110 V outlets. But I had the adapter kit mentioned above just in case and my iBook was just fine.

Depending on what else she's bringing you might want to consider a universal power supply or to try and power/charge all other devices from USB/FW.

B

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

In addition to the Travel Kit for plug adaptation, there are powerstrips which accommodate both 110v and 220v slots. We picked up one while in Buenos Aires a couple of weeks back for about US$6.

5. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

apple makes accessories of all sorts, they just charge you 200% more than the competitors...

6. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

When I was in Florence, I found a little hardware store and paid about $6 for a plug converter (not a voltage converter because my Powerbook's power adapter worked just fine on the Italian voltages; I assume your daughter's does, too).

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It'll likely be cheaper to buy an adapter once she gets there.