Using credit card for iCloud Storage instead of iTunes credit

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by BJB Productions, Dec 29, 2015.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Is there any way to do this? I like reserving my iTunes gift card credit for music, etc. Otherwise I will never buy anything for myself. :p

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I have iTunes (App Store) credit, but Apple has always charged my credit card for the iCloud storage. I wasn't aware of any other way to do it, actually.

3. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Hmm, they're charging my App Store credit and not my card.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple should use your App Store credit before using your CC. The only exception is when making a charitable donation.

What the OP is wanting is probably not possible since it goes against practicality/reason. Also there would be (almost) no demand for this 'feature'.

5. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Interesting that it "is probably not possible" when it happens to/for me EVERY month. And I actually prefer it this way.

6. Tech198 macrumors G4

u can use store credit for icloud drive storage as i've just upgraded to 50 Gig.? I've just done it as i do not have associated a CC only store credit in U.S account

Could be depeding on country.

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's the same for me, the payment goes from my debit card every month even though I've always got credit on my iTunes account. Even more random was the email from Apple just before my iTunes Match subscription was due saying it would fail because there was no card associated with my account, even though they collect a payment from the card every month. Of course when I went through the motions and followed their instructions to 'update' the card details on my account they proceeded to take the payment from my iTunes credit. :rolleyes:

8. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

I'll have to call them up and see what they can do.

9. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I would like a way to just pay for a year of service up-front

10. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Yes, me too.