Using credit card in other person's name?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by upsguy27, Apr 19, 2009.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I am trying to use my PayPal debit card that I had to have put in my dad's name, and I was wondering if I could use it even though it isn't in my name. I am trying to get a Nano from Walmart, and the card is my only option. So, can I use the card?

2. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

I'm guessing you haven't actually tried eh? most places don't care, they just take your card, charge it, and go back to their naps/convos. if they're picky they might ask for ID just to make sure you aren't some random person

3. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

Most places don't have an issue with it, they generally understand that in the world there are kids buying stuff with their parent's card (with permission of course) and likewise people buying stuff on their partner's card (wthout permission of course) ;)

4. mikeinternet macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

just use it you'll be fine. especially if the last name matches.

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Yeah it's no problem to use it. I do that with my mom's card sometimes. :) (with permission)

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

For buying in person, most places let the customer scan the card using an outside terminal. Generally, the cashier doesn't compare card signatures or check I.D. if you use such terminals.