Using Dazzle Capture Devise & VCR into MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by statie7104, Nov 12, 2009.

1. statie7104 macrumors newbie

So everything I am reading comes back and says it wont work.
    Here is what I have

New Dazzle USB Capturing Devise
    All the cables to connect VCR to it and then USB into MacBook Pro
    I have FINAL CUT PRO and IMOVIE

WHen I use a PC I start teh VRC and open a program and I am able to capture everything no issues (Use a Ulead Program)

There has to be a simple way of doing this.

Just looking to go VCR through Dazzle into MacbookPro using a USB - Tell me its possible?

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Which version do you have? Did you just buy this specifically for recording on this Mac or did you have it laying around?

I used the EyeTV 250+ and I had no problems at all with it. If this is new, maybe you can return it for an EyeTV product. They have a new Video Capture one that is specifically for recording from VHS and is only $100, if memory serves me correctly. You may be able to find it for less on Amazon.

Sorry I couldn't help much on your device.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

There are no Mac drivers for the Dazzle video capture device. It won't work with OS X.

The same company makes a product called Pinnacle, and that one is Mac compatible.

I recommend taking a look at ElGato's products.

4. statie7104 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys... Ya its a newer Dazzle but its ok. I found a RoxieVHS TO DVD USB made for the mac and will use that. I use Final cut pro once I get them in the MacBook Pro. I am converting a few older VHS for my Parents. I got it to work by going through my DVD Cam Corder but a pain in the rear and a mess. This Roxie piece I found was 59.99 and came with Toast 10 Basic... so not a bad deal.
    Thanks for the replies and advise!