iPad Pro Using & detaching the ASK & Apple leather sleeve

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Young Turk, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Young Turk, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017

Young Turk macrumors 6502

For me, the simpler, the better ...

I love the simplicity and lightness of sliding the 10.5 out of the Apple sleeve, and composing a quick note with the on-screen keyboard. However, there are times, especially when traveling, when I could use a real keyboard. This is why I’m mulling over the ASK.

But how convenient and unobtrusive is it detached? Can it travel attached and stored in the leather sleeve then detach when I don’t need it? Is it just something else to pick up when it’s time to go, or like the sleeve does it become almost organic and fade away?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

2. David58117 macrumors 65816

I'm deciding this too, but with the 12.9.

I really love the sleeve and leather Smart Cover, and I don't think the keyboard would fit in the sleeve, without ultimately deforming it. It definitely won't be as smooth as the leather Smart Cover, anyway.

I ended up picking up the Logitech k380 & found an on sale Logitech keys to go. I just keep the keys to go in my bag, and use the k380 at the house.

It's worked pretty well so far.

3. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

Its very convenient actually. Apple really did think this through from the functional perspective, not just design. ~The iPad fits well with the ASK attached, as the sleeve seems to be designed to hold it like that. However if you want to carry it detached, this is possible as well. My iPad with a third party leather rear cover attached, slips in and out of the sleeve with the detached ASK inside it without a problem. So similar to the Pencil when not in use, it is stored within the sleeve and completely invisible to you.

4. Precursor macrumors 6502a

Precursor

I used my 12.9" with ASK for 1.5 years and it's very easy to detach/attach it. Though I wouldn't recommend a back case for the iPP, will only make it bulky. You can go for a clear sticker to protect the back from scratches.