Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atacinus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
New York City
okay, i have a question...i took some video, and using the work around on iDVD i saved it as a DVD image [.dmg] file...how would i use disk utility to burn this onto a DVD [with my external burner] and have the menus et al show up? I.ve never really used disc utility before, and when I tried to do it with an audio CD it didn.t work...any suggestions for me?

thanks,
Christien.

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Now I'm just taking a guess but in Disk Utility don't you press the burn button, it brings up the open panel and you then select the image?

Is that what you have tried?

atacinus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
New York City
well the reason i asked is i did the obvious thing [clicking burn] and it gave me a junk disc [audio CD]...and i didn't want to waste any of my dvd-r's...but if that IS how your supposed to do it...i.ll go ahead and give it a shot.

Thanks,
Christien.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
If there's something wrong with your image then you'll get a junk disk. Garbage in, garbage out. Mount your image and try to play it with DVD Player. If it plays then there's no reason Disk Utility shouldn't make a working copy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.