Using DOT.TUNES from OS X to Wii

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sreedy, Jul 31, 2007.

1. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I have installed dot.tunes on my G4 iBook running 10.3.9 OSX. It's pretty cool and allows you to stream your iTunes to other machines via a browser.

According to dot.tunes this is compatible with the Wii's Opera Browser and indeed it does get the dot.tunes player up but it says "no Source XML found" which is odd. I can use dot.tunes from a windows box but this doesn't use the flash version.

Is anyone sucessfully using dot.tunes on OSX to stream to a Wii ?

2. AppleGuy2 macrumors newbie

interesting, ive never heard of that program. Ill go ahead and try it out over here and see how it goes.

3. sreedy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I kind of got it working last night, but only with some tracks..... I think maybe just MP3's but I'll have to confirm. I think there might be an update to Opera I need to apply to the Wii.

4. FatBottom macrumors newbie

Yeah The Flash player can only play mp3 files so I believe DOT.TUNES will stream only mp3 files to your Wii or PS3.

Also you may need to open port 9998 on your Router. Although your Wii and your computer may be within the local home network the DOT.TUNES Flash xml file url points to your external ip to retrieve your xml data.

A friend of a friend of a friend has a cousin who lives near a girl who's boyfriend heard that DOT.TUNES 4 is about to be released. From what I hear, this release is going to be big.

5. heyp macrumors 6502

using dot.tunes to stream, can you still control the songs with the remote app for the iphone?