using ebates.com for purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aaronw1986, Jun 9, 2007.

1. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Has anyone used ebates.com? I am thinking of going through them to buy memory for a MBP from crucial, as they offer 6% back.w

2. mwp98223 macrumors 6502

I've used ebates in the past and it works fine, if you remember to log in through their page. If you remember to do that, the cash back gets credited to you. Then send checks I think quarterly, so don't count on seeing your money back any time soon. It is, however, legit, if you remember to log in through their site first.

3. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

be careful, though, as crucial likes to change the price depending on what you're searching on, etc.

(do a search here for crucial for more info)

4. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

thanks. I would get the check sent Aug 15th, so I'm fine with that, plus there is a $5 sign up bonus. I checked through ebates, and crucial still has the same price.

5. iMouse macrumors regular

ebates = spyware

eBates has a nice little toolbar called eBates Mo Money Maker that is a great addition to those who use Windows <sarcasm>. While this is ineffective on Macs, I still find it funny that people shop through them considering their use of spyware tactics to lure users to their site.

I haven't tested Mo Money Maker to see exactly everything it posts to the web, but it does report back your web browsing habits and where you normally purchase items online.