Using Ebay with iMac - questions.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by msw123307, Jul 9, 2008.

1. msw123307 macrumors 6502

I've recently upgraded and bought an iMac to go along with my Macbook. I list auctions on ebay, and thought that possibly with the use of the automator and some other Mac apps I could go through my process of listing much quicker.

Currently I use picturetrail to host my auctions, but it's a pain. I have to upload the pictures, and manually copy and paste each link into my ebay auction.

Basically my ebay process goes like this..

Take pictures, resize to 600x800 (what is the best program to do this easily? I believe the program I used to use was called photo gadget, haven't looked to see if it's avaliable on Mac.)

Add my user id into the picture (used to use Paint Shop Pro on windows - are there any free apps where I can do this on a Mac? Just a simple font tag will be fine.)

Upload to picturetrail (is there better image hosting that will enable me to drag url's into my item description box at a much faster pace? One by one is such a pain!! I don't think I can use Mobileme for hosting..? Any good free or cheap hosting places recommended for ebay?)

type out descriptions using word (not much way to get around this)

If any of you all have suggestions, I would love to hear them. I have a few weeks where I can really concentrate and get a lot of things done. I'm just having alot of trouble finding the best ways to save time by using my iMac. Thanks!

2. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

Dunno if this will help you..

I use Fireworks to create a page layout , slice it up and export to html. I use Dreamweaver to get it how i want it... inserting my images and ect... I upload to my webserver - HostGator $10 a month - and then copy and paste all the info into ebay via FireFox.

Method works well... Feel free to insert any other graphics and web programs you have access to... Can't really tell you how to do it on the cheap :-( .... Maybe PhotoBucket can host images?

Ang

3. msw123307 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd be willing to pay for something if it enabled me to get things done quicker. Between resizing images, putting a tag on them, and individually having to copy each url to the item description, it's a lot of time for one item.

I just thought if I could get some of the repetitive tasks cut down somehow, i could put up more items and get more done. If i could find something where i could upload the pictures, and batch move the url's into an ebay auction, that would be excellent. I was hoping to find easier ways to batch resize and tag pictures as well. I'll look into those programs - maybe it will cut down on some of my time.

Oh..and i just have the basic photo apps that come with a Mac..I'm not into a lot of design yet. I just used Paint Shop before to tag pictures. Thanks! Any other suggestions would be great..anyone?

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Google "Garagesale", it's a little app I use, comes in handy quite alot.