Using Edirol FA-101 successfully? specifically Adobe Audition 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by akdj, Apr 8, 2008.

1. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Has anyone had experience using the FA101 on XP (on a mac pro)?

Current config is MacPro (early '08) 3.0ghz with XP on it's own drive through Boot Camp...Firewire (400) to Edirol FA-101>Symetrix 528E processor>Mic

All drivers are succesful in Mac and fully usable on Final Cut and Logic (with the exception of only being mono as I am using the 1-input XLR on Edirol, different question of how to trick it though:)) However, after two driver installs on XP (home), the installs seem to go fine, all hardware is recognized and I have the FA-101 (albeit limited) config in the control panel...Unfortunately, I go to sound devices and try to switch the incoming or outgoing sound from built in RealTek (sp?) and it is the only option...no FA101.

In Adobe, when I try to configure sound hardware it has the FA101 as an option, but when I select it, it says ASIO 2.0 option not available (or something to that effect?)

Edirol documentation is limited, and this may be too specific, but I am just curious if anyone else has been able to get the FA101 to work with XP on an early '08 Mac, specifically, Adobe :)

Thanks

Jeremy

2. akdj thread starter macrumors 65816

akdj

Apparently, BootCamp does not support Firewire, so I will not be able to use the 101...also, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this subject, but IF you are are interested in using an outboard card with Bootcamp and XP...the UA-25 USB 2.0 card from Edirol will do the trick at about 2/3 the cost. I will be trying it this weekend!

Take care,

Jeremy

3. alexworden macrumors newbie

A patch that fixes the problem...

Hi,

I had the same problem but solved it by installing the following patch:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...07-18b5-4112-8bd6-8bf4bd3130b9&DisplayLang=en

I also found that I had to select the EDIROL as the default audio device before SONAR would allow me to select it for IO.

I should also mention that I installed the BootCamp 2.1 update. I'm not sure if this is necessary for the fix but thought I should mention it.

Hope that helps!

Alex

4. akdj thread starter macrumors 65816

akdj

Thanks Alex

I am going to give that a try. I have been using the UA25 successfully for a while now. I also just picked up an inexpensive (I hesitate to say cheap 'cause it sounds really decent:)) Behringer UB1202 mixer for my desktop...about $70! Works perfect with the UA25 as the output to the computer.

Again thought, Thanks for the link, it would be nice to put the 101 back in line

Take care,

Jeremy