Using Exchange? Do you push contacts and calender?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by opticalserenity, Aug 18, 2008.

1. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

If so, are you using Entourage? Or iCal, Address Book, and Mail.app? I've been using Mail and iCal, and prefer that to MSFT products. However, I can't seem to get the address book app to sync with exchange. Any ideas? And I definitely don't see a way to get iCal to sync with exchange as of right now until 10.6 comes out.

Any ideas? Or should I just switch to entourage? (shudder the thought)

2. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

As far as I know, Exchange will only sync with your iPhone now. You could use MobileMe to sync your iCal and Address Book (on your Mac) with Outlook calendar and contacts, but that only works when Outlook is used as a standalone application, not as an Exchange frontend.

You could probably use a third-party product like NuevaSync to sync your Exchange data with Google, and then sync Google with iCal / Address Book using something like gCal.

3. fat indian macrumors newbie

Entourage doesn't display mail sent from iphone 3g

i use the iphone 3g to ocnnect to my office exchange e-mail system; i also use a mac running entourage but mails sent on the iphone don't show on entourage sent folder, they appear as garbage, but are OK on Outlook on windows, any suggestions to overcome this problem

4. rioja macrumors regular

What version of Exchange and Entourage are you running? I've never had this problem using Exchange 2003 or 2007.. however, I've only used Entourage (Mac Office) 2008.

My guess would be it's a problem with Entourage 2004.

5. clancemasterj macrumors regular

clancemasterj

I connect to my works exchange server. The only thing I can't use it with is iCal, address book and mail.app work fine. Though I can use the web interface to view and add events to the calendar. And the Push works great on my iPhone.