using finder (copy, cut, bulk, move files between directories)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wakkaday, Dec 12, 2015.

1. wakkaday macrumors member

im using an external logitech keyboard and need help
    how do i bulk select files to move to another folder using the keyboard, i press command and select but it keeps selecting lots of files...

how do i move files completely into another directory so the original file is moved?

there was an app i had for an earlier version which would create an invisible window for you to drop files as many as you would like, open the directory you want to put them in and then drag the files over... does anyone know waht that app is called?

thanks

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

To move files, instead of copy: When you have your files selected, hold the command key, then drag your files to the new location. That will move the files, and they won't be left in the old location.
    The Command key is also the "key" to bulk select. Just hold the Command key, then click on each file you want. The Command key will hold all random files that you click.
    If the files are all located together, then you can also just click and drag across all the files. That makes it easy when they are all in the same window.
    You can put a window in list view, then sort for the files, if they all start with the same name, or have the same creation date, whatever, you can sort so they are all together. Drag across to select all those files at once. Command drag to the new folder to move the files.