Using Flash in Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Luis Ortega, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I am trying to import Flash files into FCP but I can't get it to work.
    If the Flash timeline has animated symbols or nested symbols, exporting from Flash as an mov file creates a file that is missing the animated elements and shows only a frame or part of an animation.
    Exporting it as an swf file produces a perfect render but this sort of file is not importable into FCP.
    I have tried every export option in Flash and nothing works- either it is not importable into FCP or the file is incompletely rendered.
    The option of doing all of the Flash on one timeline is not really feasable for us.

Can anyone please advise on how I could import an swf file into FCP? I have tried to find swf to video converters on the internet but they are usually for Windows and not for Mac. One said that it was for Mac but it came as an exe file that the Mac couldn't run to install it.

Thanks a lot for any advice.

2. chelseasian macrumors regular

chelseasian

One thing about exporting Flash animation is that anything that is not physically in the timeline will not show up in the export to movie. A workaround is to copy and paste all the _mc layers and nexted symbols onto the main scene timeline.

Have you tried the Flash export to Quicktime mov option?

If nothing works, your other option is to do a video screen capture with a tool like SnapzPro while running the swf file.