Using FolderShare on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Andrew Ruess, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Andrew Ruess macrumors newbie

I am happy report that FolderShare does work on Leopard...

Unless you are using .Mac and have turned on the Preferences Sync. This will cause all of your machines to think they are the same FolderShare installation, preventing you from actually using the application (requires 2 or more machines to run).

So for FolderShare to work, you need to turn off .Mac preferences syncing. And if you do ever accidently turn it on, you need to do a couple of steps to get FolderShare working again:

1. Turn off .Mac preferences syncing
    2. Close FolderShare application completely
    3. Delete the ~\Library\Application Support\FolderShare\ folder.
    4. Delete the ~\Library\Preferences\com.bytetaxi.foldershare.plist file.
    5. Turn FolderShare back on and register it again with FolderShare.com.
    But yay for Leopard anyway! =)

2. gotommy macrumors newbie

Foldershare on Leopard still a problem?

I haven't been able to use .Mac to keep my computers in sync because I also rely on Foldershare...does anyone know if this issue is known to either Apple or Foldershare (which, being owned by Microsoft now is *probably* not going to work very hard to hammer out problems caused by a new Mac OS).

Just wondering if there are any updates on this issue.

3. techmonkey macrumors 6502a

How good is Foldershare? Im a bit confused on the difference between Foldershare, Skydrive, and Live Mesh. They all seem similar and are run by Microsoft.

I am looking for something to keep some documents synced between my Mac and Windows machine.

4. gotommy macrumors newbie

Foldershare is NOT so good

Besides the general clunkiness of the various interfaces, it simply ignores some Mac files which makes it unusable for me. If you don't try to sync files that it ignores, it works just fine.

Take a look at SugarSync - it isn't free, but works much better with Macs and includes offline syncing and online backup.

5. peymano macrumors newbie

Which files does it ignore?