Using Full CPU on Converting to MP4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zeviet, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Zeviet macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a mac pro, 8 core, 10 Gb of ram and have been using iSquint for a while, it works great, but it doesn't use all CPU. Does anyone know of any program that converts to mp4, where you can use all the CPU to convert?

Thanks,
    Zeviet

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Handbrake. Compressor+Qmaster can do the job too if you have Final Cut or Logic.

3. Zeviet thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I do have Compressor and before to use all CPU, I had to set up quick cluster in System Preferences> Qmaster. The file convert took longer in compressor than iSquint. Am I missing anything?

4. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Were your settings the same? Was it the same file? Any sort of compression benchmark is next to worthless unless you use the same file and get the settings as close as possible. Also, how many instances did you set up for Qmaster, which Mac Pro do you have, and did you remember to actually select the QuickCluster when you submitted the batch?

5. Zeviet thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the mac pro, 8 core, the one that came out in 2008. I used 5 instances and did select it when I submited. I used the H.264 for iPod video and iPhone 320x240 setting. The video from Compressor was a .m4v, and iSquint is mp4...