Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sultanoflondon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Hi all,

I use Full Screen Mode on Youtube quite a bit and I also regularly switch to a different window (in Mission Control, using Ctrl+Left/Right arrow key) while using Full Screen. When I return to the YouTube screen, it has escaped from full screen and then I have to click 'view in Full Screen mode' again to make it reappear. Is there any way for me not to have to do this; so that when I leave that screen and come back to it, it is still in Full Screen mode?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

sultanoflondon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Hi all.

I chatted to Apple today about this, because I wasn't getting any replies here. Basically, this is what the AppleCare advisor, Alex, said:

Not that I am aware, Full screen mode for youtube will stay fullscreen as long as you are still in the window as soon as you leave that window it will go back, I know you are cycling through different windows but to youtube you are leaving the page so it will revert, Ive had the same problem, same issue on my PC as well. From what I understand its just the way YouTube works

That's a shame. HTH for anyone who needs it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.