Using full songs for The Alarm Clock: GUIDE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acronym, May 5, 2009.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

ok so i have seen some threads on how to use songs as an alarm but the thing is apple onlky allows ringtones as alarms so i have created this guide to show people how to use full songs as alarms.

***NOTE*** FOR THISE NOT WANTING TO JAILBREAK AND SSH IT ONTO THE PHONE I HAVE PROVIDED SOFTWARE THAT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING WITHOUT THE USE OF JAILBNREAKING ***NOTE***

***NOTE*** ONLY ONE SONG CAN BE USED AT A TIME, USE THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO CREATE AS MANY SONG ALARMS AS YOU WANT, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO MANUALY SELECT THE DIFFERENT SONG YOU WANT ***NOTE***

i-FunBox FOR WINDOWS USERS

i-Funtastic FOR MAC USERS

***NOTE*** I DONT OWN A MAC SO I CANT TEST THIS PROGRAM OUT, FROM WHAT I HAVE READ IT IS A GOOD MAC BASED PROGRAM***NOTE***

STEP 1: In itunes find the song you want to use as an alarm and create an ACC version.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

STEP 2: Drag the ACC version to your desktop and rename it from m4a to m4r, click yes
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

STEP 3: Download iFunBox (provided in this post as attachment) and run it click run ***NOTE IT IS SAFE I HAVE USED IT LOTS ***NOTE
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

STEP 4: connect your iphone to the computer and click on your iphone within iFunbox and double click the ringtones section.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

STEP 5: drag your song.m4r file into the list of ringtones in iFunBox wait for it to copy it over.
    [​IMG]

STEP 6: once it has been coppied over click device safe removal.
    [​IMG]

STEP 7: set up your alarm as you would normaly and choose your new ringtone.

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Is there a comparable tool to iFunBox for Mac?

3. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

iFerd can you download the program and see if it runs on a mac? i dont own a mac

from what i can tell its not mac compatible.

ADDED A MAC COMPATIBLE VERSION LIKE I-FUNBOX

4. iFerd macrumors 6502a

If it runs on a PC, it won't run on a Mac, unless a separate version has been compiled. But an option for those who have Macs with Windows in the Boot Camp partition or a virtual machine would be able to use your tool.

5. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

i updated the post to include a mac equivilent program

6. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

no problem just trying to make things easier for those non jailbreakers

for all you non jailbreakers you can alter your text message sounds just gotta find the right directory in the raw system files root/system/lybrary/audio/sms-received1,2,3,4,5,6 just back those up and import your created text message sounds

7. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Any idea if this application would allow one to replace other system sounds, say, for example, the text messaging sounds?

Edit: never mind, just read your latest post. I think I might have to give this one a try. I never liked the bubble sounds.

8. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

please share your results i'm interested to know how it effects a non jailbroken iPhone

9. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Will do. I'm going to try to replace the stock sounds with the Thunderbird email chime. When I get time to do it, I will share the results!

10. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

great look foward to seeing your results

11. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Wow! I've been looking everywhere for this sort of thing for ages! I'll have a go later. Thanks! :D

12. J273 macrumors regular

13. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

From what I have read on there website it works up to 2.2.1 if some along with milani and test it out on the 3.0 betas and post your results.

14. MACoconut macrumors regular

what's the point of blanking out your name when it's already reflected at the top as Reece's iPhone :p

15. scull20 macrumors newbie

Is there any sort of warranty issues that I would run into by connecting my phone to this program to change sounds...if for whatever reason down the line I have to take my phone to the Apple Store or a repair/replacement?

Thanks

-Ryan

16. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

good eye i guess i got a little carried away and forgot that part :p

not that i know of just restore before you go

17. J273 macrumors regular

Ive just tried it with 3.0 and it just seems to crash whilst detecting the phone.

18. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks for the information I did some reading and the8r website says it's only compatible up to the 2.2.1 firmware

hopefully we'll see an update and they will make it 3.0 compatible