Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JulesJam

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
As best I can tell, for some reason on Verizon iPhones you can use the Good for Enterprise app without having to add the feature code and pay $15/mo extra but with Androids, you have to add the feature code and pay an extra $15/mo.

Can anyone confirm this for me? Can you have a Verizon consumer Unlimited Data Plan for $29.99/mo and use the Good for Enterprise app to check your email w/o having to give up UDP or pay the extra $15/mo?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Gotta pay the extortion fee but fortunately it doesn't impact the data plan.
So glad my workplace abandoned Good. Now we use the native email apps which get configured via MobileIron.

JulesJam

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Gotta pay the extortion fee but fortunately it doesn't impact the data plan.
So you used the Good for Enterprise app on a Verizon iPhone and were forced to pay the $15/mo but they let you do that with a consumer data plan (not the corporate data plan)?

I have been reading that for some reason, the Good for Enterprise app works on iPhones w/o adding the feature code.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
So you used the Good for Enterprise app on a Verizon iPhone and were forced to pay the $15/mo but they let you do that with a consumer data plan (not the corporate data plan)?

I have been reading that for some reason, the Good for Enterprise app works on iPhones w/o adding the feature code.

It's been a couple years, but I seem to recall that originally I needed a business plan but that they eventually let me have a "consumer" plan when they went to the family share system plans instead of the individual plans.

There was also a time when I was able to access data via Good I specified "other" carrier instead of Verizon when first configuring the app, but that was hit and miss (at least on Android; never tried it that way on the iPhone).

But a good 3 years ago my workplace dropped Good for iOS devices in favor of the native app plus MobileIron. For Android, they kept Good up until early 2014 when they dropped it for MobileIron combined with an app called "Email+".

Edit: wait. I think the $15/month was to get a corporate data plan. Then at some point it became a "free" option once the family share began. Hard to remember, actually.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
My employer uses MobileIron instead of GfE, but on both AT&T and Verizon we have never needed to have the higher-priced enterprise plans available to use all the features. Any data plan works just fine on our iPhones. I don't know about Android users, but back in the BB days we did need to have the enterprise plan activated.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
On AT&T I did not need the $15 feature to use Good. Pretty sure that $15 corporate email feature is obsolete and nothing really uses it any more....

JulesJam

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
bumping in case any Verizon iPhone users know for sure - do you have to pay the $15 extra per month to use Good for Enterprise? If so, can it be added to the consumer data plans like the $29.99/mo unlimited data plan? If not, do you still have to add a free feature code to your data plan and will it affect your consumer unlimited data plan?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
bumping in case any Verizon iPhone users know for sure - do you have to pay the $15 extra per month to use Good for Enterprise? If so, can it be added to the consumer data plans like the $29.99/mo unlimited data plan? If not, do you still have to add a free feature code to your data plan and will it affect your consumer unlimited data plan?

According to this it seems to work on the iPhone.
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/767929?start=10&tstart=0

My employer uses GfE for Android users, and Mobileiron for iOS users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.