Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

José Noulez de Miguel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
I try to stick to the Apple-eco system but find myself using back from time to time apps like gmail. I would like to stick to 1 system but I notice that some apps outside Apple's own apps are better. But as I own a MacBook Air, iPhone and iPad, it seems everything is better in sync when using the Apple's eco-system.
Just wondering how you guys are dealing with this kind of issue ? Are you in for the Apple hardware but are you using it with Google apps ?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not a fan of Google's services, so for me its an easy decision. I'm fully enmeshed in Apple's ecosystem, i.e., Macs, iPhones etc. I don't fully use the iCloud services but I do use it for my emails, contacts, appointments etc.

José Noulez de Miguel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
Is what I am doing actually but from time to time I try to use Google's services into Apple but it's easier to stay in 1 eco-system :)

mgroot

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2014
I use them both, I don't feel the need to stay within one eco-system just for sake of .. nor do I understand the perceived 'need' to do so. I feel you should use the services/apps/etc that work best for you, no matter where they come from.. Be it Apple, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo etc etc For one person that is all apple, for the next it's all google, for the next it's a mixture of the two
(plus I still have a pc as well next to my iMac and only went to an iphone from android this January)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.