Using Google Chrome on an iPhone 5: Links don't work in "desktop view"

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by football2006, Mar 12, 2013.

1. football2006 macrumors newbie

When in "desktop view" while using Google Chrome on an iPhone 5, links on google.com are not clickable.

While still in "desktop view," links on other sites work just fine. While in mobile view (before "Request[ing] Desktop Site"), there are no issues with opening links on google.com.

I would love to be able to use Chrome regularly and maintain the much preferred "desktop" view.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

(I posted this same message in iPhone-General. I'm not sure where the thread should be located, so I apologize if this is incorrect practice.)

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

you're having problems with just the regular google search page? (google has many different services, so just trying to be sure)

i've tried it, it works for me.

try clearing your cache in chrome. under settings -> privacy.
    and re-starting chrome (exit out of chrome, double-tap home so the recent apps show up, press and hold till they shake, then hit the red circle)

the problem would be with the google website, since the others seem to be working.

3. football2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thank you for your assistance. I have tried clearing the cache and restarting Chrome, but the problem persists. And yes, it is only apparent on the regular google search page.

It has something to do how the link is tapped, but it is extremely problematic and frustrating. Below I will post what I've said in another thread describing the issue:
    "Tapping on a link highlights the link (the color changes from blue to orange), and holding on the link brings up the choices of opening it in a new tab / copying it.
    Links work very, very rarely (maybe 1 in 200 taps) and it seems to be most effective when just getting to google.com and it might have something to do with my level of zoom."

I very much appreciate any help!