Using Google Earth - Jargon Code Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DWeston, Aug 13, 2008.

1. DWeston macrumors newbie

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me...

Although a Mac user since 1998, I am a novice regarding the use of MacRumors. I wish to ask for your guidance on two items at this point in time.

One is that of linking into the Google Earth program specifically to the Pacific Gardens CoHousing Community (PGCC) on Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, Canada. The process recommended is as follows:
    Loading http://pacificgardens.ca/ one is advised to: Click Here to See Pacific Gardens on Google Earth!
    When I do that, I get pages of code such as:
    I have then proceeded to further down the home page which advises: CLICK HERE for more Google Earth Download Instructions
    I do so, and am asked to confirm my Mac configuration. My machine is an iBook G4. It contains Mac OS X, version 10.3.9. It has 1.33 GHz Power PC G4 Processor. It has memory of 768 MB DDR SDRAM
    I already have Google Earth installed, and am able to zoom in on to the land of the PGCC, but not able to go inside the building.
    Please put me in touch with someone who can help me utilise Google Earth to its greater use.

The second item with which I need help is loading either of two Mac based flying programmes which I purchased when I had my previous Mac.. They are: Fly! and Fly!2k

Can you please put me in touch with someone who can help me get them launched.

Thanking you, in anticipation,

David J. Weston,

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The code you're seeing is because Safari does not know to download the .kmz file, and instead tries to display it in the browser. To get around it, hold down the option key while you click the link.

As for the others, I don't think I can help you, certainly not without more information.

jW

3. DWeston thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much for your suggestion. As advised, I held down the Ctrl (which you refer to as 'option') key, and received the response 'An unexpected error occured: Error code -10660'

Any other suggestions to get this working and installed on google earth would be greatly appreciated.