iPhone Using google navigation via Siri question...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by powerwagon, Feb 21, 2013.

1. powerwagon macrumors member

I know you can add the words "via transit" at the end of you directions request in order to use google navigation via Siri. However, is there a tweak that allows Siri to take you directly to google navigation instead of taking you to a screen of maps apps and having to press the google nav button??

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Assistant Love. There might be a free alternative. Maybe MapsOpener will work with Siri? Try those. AssistantLove definitely works. It costs money though but it has a bunch more features than just google maps.

3. powerwagon thread starter macrumors member

Cool...thanks bro. I don't mind spending the money

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I hear you. There might be other options too. Good luck!

5. powerwagon thread starter macrumors member

Installed and works rather well. Looks like it might be a battery burner though. Not sure if its the app or the fact that I'm playing with nav and Siri.

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Which tweak? AssistantLove? Jeff Benjamin swears by it and just recently did a big review on it. He didn't mention battery life. Sorry if I led you array. Stick with it for a little while and see how it plays out. It might be just cause ur using it so much. Sometimes these things settle down over time whether it be due to a recharge, respring/reboot, update, removal of a conflicting tweak, etc. If its bad on the battery try one of the others that are out there. Enjoy!

7. powerwagon thread starter macrumors member

Yea, I think that it was just me playing with it more than normal. Seems to have settled down now. Really appreciate you pointing that out to me. Have a good one.

8. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You're welcome!

9. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I have MapsOpener and it does not work with Siri. Anything I do from Siri opens to Apple Maps.