Using Google's Calaboration.app to sync iPhones/iCal/gCal for multiple users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by m021478, Jun 3, 2009.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

I am trying to set something up for my wife and myself in which she has full read-write access to my iPhone/iCal calendar and I have the same for her calendars...

I know that at one point in the past I came across a tutorial that showed how this could be done using Google's free Calaboration application, but strangely I've not been able to find this tutorial since, nor can I find any tutorials that go over all of the steps to accomplish this task.

I've used SpanningSync and BusySync in the past, but had issues with each of them, and I would really appreciate any suggestions that anyone has that DO NOT involve the use of either of these paid third-party sync apps...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

2. rowsdower macrumors 6502

The only free way I have found to do two-way sync between iPhone/touch and Google is NuevaSync. It is basically a redirector to turn the Google services into an Exchange server. I don't think I have tried to do read/write access for calendars that I don't own though. I assume it would work if you have the sharing preferences set in Google.

3. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

AFAIK calaboration is merely a setup tool to get your ical syncing with google calendar using caldav.

try following these instructions. to sync your iphone/ipod touch with google calendar you have the option of either google sync (which uses exchange) or caldav once 3.0 arrives. all of this is free, so no need for paid 3rd party apps.