Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rolltide25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
So I have an iPhone and was curious to know if I went to an AT&T store (or anywhere that sold them) and picked up a gophone sim card what the steps are for activating the sim / new phone number. Can I get a new gophone sim to use with an iPhone or am I forced to get a new phone too? I'm just trying to hide calls / txts from prying eyes so I thought I'd use a gophone sim in my iPhone the one or two times a month I need to use it.

rolltide25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
I'm just trying to hide calls / txts from prying eyes so I thought I'd use a gophone sim in my iPhone the one or two times a month I need to use it.

Why you sly dog.. I'm watching you Focker (doing the two finger eye contact gesture).
Yes, it will work fine. In fact, you're better off saving yourself the trouble and going to Walmart and buy a $10-$15 prepaid kit which includes the phone you can dump. And you don't have to fill out any paperwork etc. Just pay and walk.

rolltide25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
Why you sly dog.. I'm watching you Focker (doing the two finger eye contact gesture).
Yes, it will work fine. In fact, you're better off saving yourself the trouble and going to Walmart and buy a $10-$15 prepaid kit which includes the phone you can dump. And you don't have to fill out any paperwork etc. Just pay and walk.

Yeah, I'm trying to stay in that circle of trust.... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.