Using Hockey App with iOS to get crash reports.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by RookieAppler, Feb 20, 2013.

1. RookieAppler, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013

RookieAppler macrumors member

Hockey App questions. I am developing an in-house app in iOS6.1 with the device being iPad. I was looking at getting crash reports from user in case the app crashed. I came across HockeyApp in my research. I have questions about it. Can someone help me out. Thanks

So, I have an in-house iPad app. We deployed it on client side. The app is crashing on his device. I need to get hold of the crash reports in a user-friendly way. So i came across hockey app. I added hockey framework and changed app delegate.m file. I also uploaded the CFbundleidentifier to hockey app dashboard. So what is the next step?I will make an .ipa and .plist file and deploy them. If user gets a crash then what happens? I need to explain it to the client, so can someone please explain me. More questions coming.

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

These forums are null consuming. Asking a question which no one can answer will not crash them. Asking whether anyone can answer just wastes cycles.

In any event, I can't answer, I just felt like pointing it out that you'll get a useful answer quicker if you ask your actual question.