Using Hotmail with Mail and logging in from Google

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chipandegg, Sep 5, 2011.

1. chipandegg macrumors regular

chipandegg

I set up Hotmail within Mail.

I've got quite a few folders set up in Hotmail, though when I click on them they are empty (viewing from within Mail). If I move mail from my inbox to a folder then you can see that email within that folder.

Or if I move an email to a folder in Hotmail using my Mac Pro, then you can also see the moved email (on the ipad). But all other emails that were in the folders previously don't show using Hotmail from within mail.

Has anybody else found this?

Also....

When logging into Hotmail from say Google, there are no folders at all, you can't even see them. Is this the way it was developed?

Is this the way it is? A way around it? Is there an email provider which will provide for this like folders etc available for ipad?

Cheers

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. chipandegg thread starter macrumors regular

chipandegg

I've just Googled Hotmail and logged in (from Google).

Yes creating folders is easy that's not what I posted about. This is about viewing emails which are already in folders on an ipad.

Thanks

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

The folders should display email that meets the criteria for the number of days to sync so in my Gmail folders I can only see the last 3 days worth of emails with my current setting. I guess you could set that to no limit in the account settings but that may cause issues if you have a large amount of emails.

5. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

There is still no connection between google and hotmail. That is no different than going to hotmail.com

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Google and Microsoft are 2 different animals.

7. chipandegg thread starter macrumors regular

chipandegg

I know there is no connection between them. I opened Safari, and googled Hotmail, from there I logged into my Hotmail account. Just like I've done for years.

8. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

:confused: why don't you just go to hotmail.com instead of googling for hotmail?

9. chipandegg thread starter macrumors regular

chipandegg

Yes true, have done before - though its a well run routine.

10. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

This OP has to be trolling. You aren't accessing hotmail from Google. Google is just the search engine.

And what do you have against bookmarks?

Get with the program, man!

11. dickysdeals macrumors newbie

Hi, normally when I read or delete emails from my hotmail on any computer it will show that I have read or deleted the emails next time I log in on any other computer, but when I read or delete my emails on my ipad this does not happen, when I re visit my hotmail on another computer or even back on my ipad the actions i took do not corrispond!?!?!?