Using iCloud Music Library, how do I instantly transfer to my device?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by justjax, Sep 13, 2015.

1. justjax macrumors regular

iCloud music is driving me insane. About 4 hours ago I added in about 60 tracks to iTunes (from a CD), when I look at the file info on each in iTunes it states the 'iCloud status' is either Apple Music or uploaded for all 60 tracks. However four hours later the playlist doesn't appear on my iPhone and if I search my music it doesn't show them either. If connect the phone to my iMac/iTunes and sync it does nothing because the music tab now mentions iCloud music instead of previously being able to select to add playlist, artists, etc.

I'm guessing these tracks and the playlist will eventually show up (?) but I want the darn tracks on my phone right now. Is there a way to manually add them right now when connected to my iMac/iTunes?

BTW, if I turn off iCloud Music Library will it actually delete or remove anything off my Mac? I don't want to do it and then suddenly my entire library disappears. I haven't deleted or removed anything on the Mac site I agreed (foolishly) to iCloud Music Library.

2. Rigby macrumors 601

Normally it shouldn't take this long. Did you see "loading library" when first launching the music app after enabling iCloud Music Library on the phone? Could it be that you have enabled "show music available offline"? The UI in the music app is a bit confusing (the option is at the bottom of the screen when you tap one of the red section headings such as "Artists").