Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duaneg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
I downloaded a video from my Dropbox, but it added it to my Photos folder for some dumb reason...

I used iFile to move it from Photos to Music and placed it in a folder with a few other mp4 movie files.. It obviously won't populate in the video folder, though..

I can replace the name with an existing movie name and it'll play as that movie.. Won't update the snapshot ..

Where is the file / how can I make the video show up on the videos list?

I'm on Linux so can't use iTunes to sync the video.. :\

Thanks!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I downloaded a video from my Dropbox, but it added it to my Photos folder for some dumb reason...

I used iFile to move it from Photos to Music and placed it in a folder with a few other mp4 movie files.. It obviously won't populate in the video folder, though..

I can replace the name with an existing movie name and it'll play as that movie.. Won't update the snapshot ..

Where is the file / how can I make the video show up on the videos list?

I'm on Linux so can't use iTunes to sync the video.. :\

Thanks!

I think Bridge works for videos too. Definitely works for music. It's worth checking out. I there's a couple free alternatives too but the names escape me. I'll do some googling.

duaneg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
I think Bridge works for videos too. Definitely works for music. It's worth checking out. I there's a couple free alternatives too but the names escape me. I'll do some googling.

Hey man, thanks..
Did you ever come up with the name of those free ones?

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Hey man, thanks..
Did you ever come up with the name of those free ones?

The other popular tools from ios 6 were Gremlin and Music2iPod. But I'm not sure if they were ever updated for 7.x. Bridge is probably the best solution though. It works great. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.