Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cola82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Oregon
Apologies right off. I don't know if this thread belongs here exactly. I've been searching for good advice on this for a while but all signs point to expensive solutions. I have a 24" iMac and I'd like to use the display with my Xbox 360. I've come across the eyeTV which is well beyond my price range even at its cheapest. Are there any solutions beneath the $50 range? Am I being hopelessly naive?

Video quality is not a huge concern for my purposes (beggars can't be choosers) so I'd appreciate any advice.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
You'll need an EyeTV. Check eBay for deals, here's one with a buy it now for $73 with shipping. Note that you will experience a bit of lag with it.

Cola82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Oregon
Like I said, I know about the eyeTV. Anything over $50 is too much. I was asking if there any alternatives in that range.

I'm kind of unemployed, so $70 is too much. :(

Are there no other alternatives?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I don't believe there are, sorry. You might be able to snag an older model on eBay for less if you watch the listings. Just make sure you get one without a decoder, that can play games (USB 2.0 or hybrid, NOT the 250.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.