Using invisible shield and Neotouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by hlr element, Jan 10, 2009.

1. hlr element macrumors member

Hi guys, i recently got a ipod touch and first thing was i got an invisible shield for it to protect from scratches. I got a incipio silicone case for it too but it's a real cheap one that i can't even find on their site and i don't feel it'll protect well from a fall. So i looked into cases and i really like the neotouch by switcheasy and i was wondering if anyone has the back portion of the shield on with the neotouch. I thin i heard from a youtube review it's possible but then i emailed switcheasy about it and they said it probably won't fit. But i don't think they've tried it soo if anyone has done it please tell. Thanks

2. acedew macrumors member

I have the Neo Touch, but I just used the screen protector that came with it. It's seems good enough to me, especially considering the Touches screen is glass.

I would guess that you could fit at least one of the invisible shield covers on underneath if you opted to not put the silicon membrane on, but probably not both. But, then your volume rocker and your sleep button would be exposed.

If you want that silicon membrane on (it's the most difficult part of the case), I would have to say that you would have a very difficult time getting the hard plastic parts on, especially the hard "H" shaped plastic (the shiny part). It's very tight, and the silicon membrane squeezes out onto the glass, so you have to kind of work it back in underneath by pushing the hard plastic out a little bit. With the Invisible Shield, it would be a huge pain to do that, if it's even possible...I'm guessing that the hard plastic would not budge once you got it clipped on, so your silicon membrane would be squeezing out onto the screen. The "I" plastic portion (the matte plastic) is actually a little loose on mine, so they refunded me my money. I'm trying to decide if buying another one is a good idea or not.

Hope that helps.

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

My NeoTouch just came in the mail yesterday. I use the BSE skin and I was able to get it on over mine. It took a little time to get the H frame on, but it wasn't as difficult as I expected. By the way, I love the way the NeoTouch looks and feels on it, so I think your making a good choice.

PS. I was able to fit the case on with the silicon membrane on also.

4. hlr element thread starter macrumors member

thanks to both of you for responding, the later i made a post in your thread before seeing this lol. Thanks, i think i'll be ordering mine soon... i don't mind taking a bit of time to put a case on... i think anyone who has put a invisible shield, BSE or bodyguards has the patience lol... thanks again