Using iPad for presentations

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PCClone, Apr 13, 2011.

1. PCClone macrumors 6502a

My company wants to use iPads Instead of binders for client presentations. The idea is to have an iPad for each person and as the presenter moves through the keynote slides, they would also move on each of the other iPads. We would use a myfi divide to create a WIFI local network.

I can't find an app that allows you to do this, but have heard this can be done. Has anyone set this up or haves ideas?

PS - the presenter could also use a PC.

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I've never heard of this but have thought it about before. I think that Apple should add AirPlay support to Keynote, that way presentations could easily be given without wires. Also if you had an AirPlay receiver app on your iPad then the presenter chose to allow multiple receivers they would all change with the presenter. So far my idea can't be done but that's just what I've thought would be a good idea in the past.

3. agentfrick macrumors newbie

Take a look at an app called conference Pad. I think it may do what you are looking for. I personally have not tried it, but have heard from people who that that it works well.

4. PCClone, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

PCClone thread starter macrumors 6502a

This app only works with PDF files, but may have to live with that. Thanks.

5. PCClone thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. yaredna macrumors member

Have you tried WebEx? It does what you need. App is free, but service is not. You Cana douse it remotely. It does presentations and Audio.

7. ani23 macrumors 6502

And this solution is more convenient than a projector?

Just curious seem like a gimmicky choice.

8. ani23 macrumors 6502

That should work for sure.

9. dienalsmith444 macrumors newbie

I'm a student teacher, so I'd really like to use my new ipad for presentations in class, but I'm not sure if it can connect to the projector.

10. ani23 macrumors 6502

Use the hdmi out kit. I think there is also a vga out available. Each mirrors your iPad display.

11. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

.... but on iPad 2 only. iPad 1 requires jailbreak to do the some thing. (This is why I upgraded)

12. weenie, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

weenie macrumors member

This thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1129759&highlight=2screens

discussed a lot about using the 2Screens app to conduct presentations from iPad-1 connected to projector via VGA connector.

There is an app "Air Projector" that allows sharing iPad content via WiFi.

13. PCClone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Taking a projector and a stack of binders into a board room is not going to make a great impresion when trying to promote yourself as a high tech company.

14. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

That's very true. I would make sure everything works first though because you won't look good if you go in and have to figure out a problem or two. I hope all goes well because this is a real good idea.

15. salesgraphics macrumors newbie

Here at Sales Graphics, we create a similar solution called CustomShow that allows businesses to manage a fleet of iPads across their organization. This application would enable your company to give presentations with or without an internet connection. Using this software, we have been able to help our clients achieve success among their sales forces. You can read more about the benefits of our iPad presentation software for business, or contact us here.