Using iPad in landscape

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dino F, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

Just wanted to post my thoughts on this!

It's probably because I have never owned a previous iPad before but I am finding that when I use the iPad in landscape mode and I want to return to the home screen, I go to press the home button thinking that it is underneath the display instead of pressing the real home button which, of course is to the left ( when display is in landscape).

Is this weird?!

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

It's not weird, but I never do it.

3. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I almost always use the iPad in landscape mode. Its nice having the home button near my left or right thumb. But gestures is where it's at.

4. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

This. There have also been times when I was using it in the dark and pressed the camera instead of the home button but I've never pressed the "bottom" (side).

5. dancj macrumors 6502

dancj

This is. Big part of why I pretty much don't use the home button on the iPad and have moved over to the gestures.

My proble is that now I keep trying to use the gesture on my iPhone.

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

7. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

As others have mentioned, the multi-tasking gestures are brilliant and help to overcome this habit.

The pinch-to-Home gesture (the one relevant here) obviously works in any orientation and means that you don't even have to think about the location of the Home button. :)