Using iPad internationally

Discussion in 'iPad' started by clukas, Jul 30, 2012.

1. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience using the iPad internationally? By that I mean If I purchase an app in one country can I download that in another country from the purchased menu? How does it work with purchasing apps internationally? Could someone explain how that works, as Im a little confused?

Thanks

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Your account will be registered with your own country's app store. Even if travelling abroad, you will connect to and download from your 'home' appstore.

3. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

Your account is wherever you set it up to be, but if it's overseas from you it has to have a valid overseas credit card, or you have to use credit from a gift card.

Personally, I have two accounts - UK and USA - and have purchased some apps from each. In iTunes on your Mac/PC, or in App Store or iTunes on your iDevice, you can sign out of and into accounts at will. I have to when updating certain apps now. It takes a few seconds, but I saved money on some, and wanted others that weren't available here in the UK (e.g. the American Tivo app to work with my UK Virgin Media Tivo) so it's worth a little hassle to me.

Tiptopp

4. clukas thread starter macrumors 6502a

clukas