Using iPad to take notes in class

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by umdjb, Sep 15, 2011.

1. umdjb macrumors regular

I am looking for a good tablet device to take notes in my graduate classes. The professor uses a tablet with stylus and works great.

Can anyone recommend what apps and accessories I would need with the iPad to accomplish this or if a better alternative exists?

I use a Windows computer as my primary but have an iPhone 4. I am in business school so using a Mac is difficult.

Thanks.

2. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I use NoteShelf it is $4. 99 and works great, I use this for work meetings and school, I now no longer use paper except when required at a class. Ghostwriter Notes is also very good, the only difference for me was that NoteShelf allows to takes pictures from within the app and add it to a note while Ghostwriter only allows to import images not take them. Both Apps allow you to export notes to dropbox, evernote, or email them.

3. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I'd highly recommend the Jot stylus, it's far more precise than any other stylus I've ever used. I picked mine up during the Kickstart which has ended but they are available for preorder.

http://adonit.net/product/6

I'm still trying to decide which note taking app I like best.

4. qushiba macrumors newbie