Using iPhone 4 without activating through iTunes!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brannon, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Brannon macrumors regular

Okay i got my iPhone 4 today and unfortunately until one person on my family plan pays her portion of the bill i can not use it.... earliest is friday of next week!

iTunes will not let me even activate my phone right now so i can not even get past the first initial lock screen.....

Does anybody know how to activate it or bypass this? I mean it is only temporarily and i want to be able to use it as a phone later on..... But in the mean time i want to actually be able to enjoy it......

Thank you in advanced!

2. a3silver macrumors member

You should be able to put it in Airplane Mode, then turn the WIFI on..

Did the same with my old 3G (after wiping it out and downgrading from iOS4 to 3.1.3), it only prompts for Activation with the cell radios on.. I'm using that as a iPod touch, more or less.

3. Brannon thread starter macrumors regular

But the thing is i cant even get it past the lock screen! it goes into emergency call mode......... You know when you booted it up for the first time? And had to connect it to iTunes? Well thats the part i can not get past.....

4. a3silver macrumors member

Did it get to "Activation in progress, this could take some time"? If so, just slide to cancel, go to setting, pop it into Airplane mode..

5. Brannon thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!! i will try that now!!

6. Brannon thread starter macrumors regular

Nope.... no luck! I dont think i am able to get far enough along in the activation process......

7. caliwolv macrumors member

You'll need to find someone else with an activated iPhone 4, put their microsim into your device, activate it, and then give them back their sim. (iPad microsim won't work)

8. Brannon thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately i am the only iPhone 4 owner i know...... I also thought of this......

thank you though!