Using iPhone 4's LED Flash as a notification light.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mr.stinki, Jul 3, 2010.

1. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

Imagine using the LED Flash as a notification light! Now, I don't know how much of a battery drain it is, but it could be programmed so the LED only activates when the phone is facedown and flat. This way, it won't be activating while in your pocket or while it's in your hand. Also, as soon as you lift your phone the LED turns off, and the developer could give the user the option of how bright to set the LED. Little tweaks like that to cut down on power usage.

I think this would be especially useful for people like me who don't have their iPhone attached to them 24/7. Try enabling the LED and putting your iPhone facedown. It's pretty hard to ignore it, even in a well lit room.

Any developers in the jailbreak community out there? ;)

2. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

theres no jailbreak (or exploit even) for the iPhone 4 hardware yet, other than the one that uses proprietary code that the dev team wont release. id say once we have a real working exploit devs will be able to look into this, cant speak to how possible it is though, im sure it would have to use mobile substrate.

3. Aravintht macrumors 6502a